Thursday 23 January 2020

Transcribe me 2020 exam audio test c with answer



COPY THE TEXT BELOW TO NOTEPAD> THEN COPY FROM NOTEPAD TO THE EXAM PAGE



LINK TO AUDIO GO TO https://youtu.be/R2_hQzRk-h8 TO DOWNLOAD AUDIO

And this is something we like to ask all of our interviewees because it's always interesting to us and to our listeners to hear how everybody started in the hobby. So tell us a little bit about how you first started out with aquariums.

That's a great question. It was there as a child I must have been eight or 10 my mom had a fish pond. I started keeping live bears. I think I started out maybe with mosquito fish which I used to catch in the canals. This was in California and I had a little two-gallon bowl and kept sort tails mollies and guppies at one time or another. I remember being absolutely fascinated when they gave birth and all those little sort tailed babies bright red. And then when the black monoliths had babies the little Black babies I just couldn't get enough. That is a neat experience.

I started out with libraries as well. I remember the same fascination with a little baby.

Yeah, I remember watching them pop out of the mother it was. I was just absolutely entranced.

Who did you keep on with aquariums up to no more or less?

At one time these guppies that I had, they had a horrible disease that I couldn't get rid of. And I remember being out of the hobby for many years because of that but I kept coming back to them and then I started back up in 1987 with the planet tanks that. I've had tanks off and on all of my life.

And I guess this is a good lead in to our next question what led you to develop your method or what is widely known as the most admitted.

Well, I'll go back to my childhood here. I live next to a dairy farm and they had a big stock tank in the yard with the cows and it was filled with valecenaria. This stock tank was out in full sun. The substrate was probably manure from the cows but the plants in there the valecenaria it was like a forest. They were bright emerald green. There was no algae in there. They were growing like crazy. It was just a beautiful sight out in the middle of this feedlot. So that kind of gave me something that I always return to when I was having trouble growing plants. Later on, as an aquarium hobbyist, I tried to grow plants in the aquarium and I did what everybody recommended. You know put gravel in and get your plants. It just never worked. So when I got back into the hobby in 1987 I decided that I would just do something really different. And I kept that idea of the stock tank with that beautiful growth of valecenaria in my mind and I thought well none of the aquarium methods have worked. Why don't I just do what I had seen before? So I set up a 20 gallon in front of the window with sunlight and then I just put soil in the bottom and I couldn't believe it the plants just grew like crazy. I'd never seen plants grow like that in an aquarium. And that's kind of how it all started. It was like night and day from what I had remembered in my earlier failures. You know once you see plants really growing. It was just spectacular.

I can imagine. That's a fascinating story that the method was inspired by this stock tank. I'd never heard of it.

And my method it leaves the nutrients in the tanks and lest the plants have them and that keeps the fish healthy and it's just a completely different method. You could almost call it the organic Aquarium. A very good term. That's it. It's the organic aquarium. I mean the soil is a tremendous supply of carbon dioxide.



12 comments:

  1. I can't find my audio? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anybody who can help me with the clear verbatim answer for audio 3 of the exam as below...very very urgent please

    I didn't actually emphasize it in this first publication but as the story, I think goes is that Michels Jouvet who was one of really, really outstanding sleep researchers in Lyon, France had studied with Horace Magoun and worked with Horace Magaun in California. And he was going to study conditioning and the effect of brain lesions and so on. The story that I have heard is he read my paper in 1958. But then as they began to do more and more recordings, it's like rubbing your face in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please help me guys, this is one of my audio test. I think this is one of the difficult test that I'll been encounter. I Try to enter this audio but I failed.
    Help me thanks.

    rather, modern sciences generally have largely adopted Galileo's methodological guideline, which is that the history of that nature is simple: it keeps to what he called the easiest and simplest rules. And the task of the scientist is to demonstrate this fact as fully as possible. And to show that the observed variety and diversity of phenomenon is only a superficial manifestation of deeper principles that we have to somehow try to understand on earth physicist. This around with the matter of his Nobel Prize lecture this way, he said, the essential art of science is reduction of complex, visible. That simple invisible. These have been quite useful guidelines for the study of language as well, well for language and the task is to know how closely language approximates what we might call minimal recursion, optimal recursive operations, and how to do so within the boundary conditions that are set by the interface conditions which come from outside line. In the early days of modern generative grammar, 56 years ago, it seemed that highly complex and intricate assumptions were needed to account for the variety of linguistic data. It also seemed that languages could differ in almost every imaginable way. Although it was recognized that this could not be true, or false. No language could ever be acquired by a child. Similar views were held by biologists about the variety of organisms can be anything imaginable. Over the years it's turned out with very narrow, limited restrictions. Well, over the years, something similar has happened in the study of language. It's been shown, convincingly, that the deal of the complexity can be stripped away, and that the variety of languages is quite narrowly constrained, much more so than appeared to be the case. In recent years, the study of the inquiry into this topic has gotten a different name. It's been called the minimalist program. But that's not a sharp departure from what preceded On the contrary, as seamless continuation of the effort to show that if we can gain a proper perspective and proper point of view on language, it will be seen to be fundamentally simple. Following the simplest rules, like other many other aspects of nature that seem hopelessly complex when they're not understood. The minimalist program does introduce some new research suggestions. One of them is to take as a starting point what's sometimes called the strong minimalist thesis. The idea is first postulate what the simplest theory is language, the and then take a look at the innumerable apparent departures from this and try to show that they're misunderstood that they can be understood within a different perspective, then they'll be shown to fall within a principle simple framework of principles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find any luck with this? I'm struggling with this audio as well

      Delete
  4. Am on my last attempt as well, please help

    ReplyDelete
  5. I submitted this and failed. Can someone tell me when I did wrong? I cannot find help anywhere for this audio. It is audio 2 on my exam.

    I think Ritalin methamphetamine was developed for the treatment of narcolepsy, maybe in the '40's or early '50's, and then nothing new for years years and years, and finally in France a new compound Modafinil was developed. And I believe Michel Jouvet was the first to kind of study its use. It was in used in France in the treatment of narcolepsy. It was a stimulant, but it was not clearly really similar to Amphetamine or Ritalin, and when

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just part of it. I thought I had the whole transcript.

      Delete
  6. I know it says not to capitalize the first word unless it is normally capitalized but I is normally capitalized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That isn't the whole transcription but has anyone done this one and pass?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anybody to help here please. When we speak about the homeostatic regulation of sleep

    ReplyDelete